6 Year Anniv

6 Year Anniv

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Getting ready for vacation...

This summer we are headed to the Smokies to rest and relax before beginning out internship this fall.

(I hope our cabin has a nice view...) 

We have not been for a week long stay in about 4 years. We have been up for a weekend here and there, but no long stays since our first anniversary. This summer we will be there for our 5th anniversary. I am so excited! And it may sound silly, but the trip planning is the best part to me! So here we go...

Dollywood
Adult ticket $55.90 - $5 (McDonalds promo) = $50.90
  • First thing I found was a deal for a free meal in Dollywood. Anyone who knows me knows that I am cheap and am always on the lookout for a deal or a discount.
  • I can also get $5 off if we can manage to stop at a McDonalds along the way (in the Knoxville area) a drink with a coupon on it.
  • And of course, if we enter the park after 3, we get in the next day free... but I already knew this tip.


Ghost Town in the Sky
 
Adult ticket $29.95
  • Added myself to their mailing list to see if I get any promotion in the next week...
  • I can save $3 if I get our tickets in advance online.
  • I also found some info about a mudslide that blocked guest access to the park... hopefully it is cleared and we will be able to go...


Titanic Museum
Titanic Pigeon Forge
Adult ticket (advance reservation) $20.58

Website says they "strongly recommend" advance reservations since they tend to sell out!


"Stand Here" Fourth of July Fireworks
Free fireworks on the Independence Day that you can see from anywhere in Gatlinburg.



Midnight Independence Day Parade
On Saturday night, there will be a parade to welcome in Independence Day 2010.



Smokey Mountains Tunes & Tales
It is also always fun to hear the music and story telling on the streets on Gatlinburg this time of year...

1 comment:

  1. hope you both have a great vacation!
    enjoy it to the fullest. you know, i've never been to dollywood. i am sure that will change soon, tho!

    ReplyDelete