"It's here! Fall! Our first fall fully employed! Praise the Lord! We have worked so hard and so long... but we finally made it... now I don't know what to do with myself! Without classes every night and home-work and work-work (I have an office and time to do my work... at work! Imagine!), I just don't know what to do with myself! I have... dare I say it... FREE TIME!
The first thing I will do to fill in my free time is to update this blog. It has been a very, very, VERY long time since I have posted anything. Not that very many people read it, but I have just abandoned my poor blog! A lot has happened over the summer... trips to Louisiana to visit family, job hunting, trying to work part time... and now we are both employed full time, and less than 6 months after graduate, too! Praise the Lord!
The second thing I will do is to join in the Fall Festival over at Nest of Posies! Oh, I just love fall!! All the colors, the smells... and of course, Halloween! Dave and I have already watched a Halloween movie and I have found myself standing in the magazine aisle of CVS looking at Martha Stewart's magazine's Halloween edition. She had a lot of neat ideas... some I may even try myself...
This isn't from Martha's page,
but it's the same idea... cute, right?
Tonight I am cooking up a big pot of chili in a cast iron skillet (that I got from the World's Longest Yard Sale, btw) full of home made corn bread.... mmm! Everything about it screams fall to me... the smell of the meat browning, the smell of the skillet getting how and the heat from the stove.
.chili.and.cornbread.
m.m.m.




what gorgeous pictures of foliage! i am totally with you on my love of fall and halloween. i love that you've already watched a scary movie, lol. and totally jealous you were at the wlys. that may be a new bucket list thing for me, tho i tend to get overwhelmed easily.
ReplyDeletegorgeous photos! We share the love fall and Halloween:)
ReplyDelete